Sunday, June 24, 2012

Popular on Pinterest? I spoke too soon...

Now here's a funny thing: my last post was about how the number of followers for my experimental Pinterest board, Places as They Used to Be had suddenly taken off, rising to six thousand in a couple of weeks, after taking a couple of months to reach the first thousand.

My guess was that the board was one of a selection being suggested to new joiners as something to follow to get them started on Pinterest.

But from almost the exact day the blog post was published, the phenomenon came to an equally sudden end. In the few days since, new followers have slowed to a trickle (and even fell on one day). Have a look:


Could it be that the Pinterest staffer I tweeted about it, having decided not to reply to me, also decided to end my place in the new-joiner limelight? 

That's probably paranoia - I expect they've got better things to do. But I'll be interested to see what happens next.

Other thoughts about Pinterest - by me and others - are gathered here

No comments:

Post a Comment